Green Cream Level 9 has been discontinued. If you are looking for a high potency retinoid formulation, we encourage you to consider Apothekari A is for Anti-Aging. Formulated with retinaldehyde, the direct precursor to Retinoic Acid, the form of Vitamin A that is used by the human body, it also offers photo-aging protection, exfoliation, anti-inflammatory/anti-irritant properties and skin brightening effects.
Formulated by dermatologist Dr Nia Terezakis, with almost 30 years experience, Green Cream Level 9 contains 0.9% retinol – described in scientific literature as the ‘gold standard’ for reducing the visible signs of extrinsic aging and photodamage associated with sun exposure. Because this product contains a potent concentration of active retinol – please carefully read instructions prior to use.
Green Cream Level 9 – 0.9% Retinol – an excellent alternative to prescription strength retinoid
Level 9 has been created for experienced users who have been using Green Cream Level 6 for 3 to 6 months. It can be gradually integrated into your skin care regimen. Level 9 makes an excellent alternative to a prescription strength retinoid.
What can Green Cream do for you?
- Tighten skin, diminish wrinkles and make your skin feel and look younger.
- Help skin look smoother with a luminescent glow.
- Help pores appear smaller, even out skin tones, and lighten discolorations.
- Cleanses pores and eliminate blemishes.
How does Green Cream® work?
- Stimulates exfoliation of dull looking epidermal cells by accelerating skin cell turnover time from the standard 30 to 35 day cycle to 5 to 6 days causing the skin to appear smoother and brighter looking.
- Repairs cellular structure damage gradually in the epidermal cells as well as in the dermal collagen and small blood vessels.
- Helps shrink oil glands which in turn reduces pore size and diminishes scars.
- Builds an “”infrastructure”” by stimulating new collagen and a new thicker, plumper epidermis.
What is Green Cream®?
Green Cream® is high potency retinol that uses a revolutionary patented formula called Green Polymer Cooling Gel (GPCG) as the delivery vehicle for one of the highest potency retinols on the market today. The key to any kind of retinol treatment is to deliver as much of the active ingredient to the skin as often as possible. In the case of using a retinol, the highest strength is not always the best. You need to find what is best for your skin, as all skin types are not the same.
The packaging Green Cream® uses is extremely important to maintaining the potency of the active ingredient retinol. Retinol breaks down quickly if it is exposed to air or light. The Green Cream® package is an airless pump which never introduces air into the chamber. This allows Green Cream® to maintain its high potency levels. The packaging is also opaque to keep light rays from breaking down the retinol.
For Beginners and People With Sensitive Skin
If you have never used a retinoid or your skin is sensitive to topical treatments, you should test a small area of your face and then, wait 24 hours for any kind of reaction. If no reaction, you should apply a small amount to your face once a week for 2 to 3 weeks. Next, apply Green Cream® 3 times a week for a month. Ultimately, your goal should be to work up to applying Green Cream® every other night. Be patient as your skin adapts to a retinol treatment. Even with infrequent applications, you should see some results. Also, it is best that you start with Level 3 or Level 6 Green Cream®.
How To Use
After gentle cleansing with a mild soap or cleanser, apply a small amount to the entire face, initially avoiding the eye and neck areas. Start using Green Cream® every other night for 1 to 2 weeks and gradually increase to once or twice daily as tolerated. For maximum benefit, use Green Cream in the evenings when possible as this product can easily be inactivated by light.
Although Green Cream’s formulations makes retinol more tolerable to skn, you should exercise reasonable care in using a high potency retinol product. Benefits can be gained through consistent long-term use of a retinol. Therefore, do not be in a hurry. It may take several weeks for some skin types to adjust to a retinol regimen. Though most people are able to use Green Cream without side effects, the following recommendations will help you work through any difficulties you may experience as your skin acclimates:
Irritation – Occasionally, a burning or stinging sensation may be felt during the first few weeks of use. Redness or a mild rash can also develop. Discontinue use of the product for a few days and apply a bland moisturizer or mild hydrocortisone cream or lotion as needed. The latter should be discontinued when symptoms are improved. Once your skin normalizes, slowly work Green Cream back into your routine.
Dry/Flaking Skin – Exfolation may occur since dull sun-damaged cells are being shed and new, younger cells are being stimulated. This is a desired effect. As needed, using a mild exfoliant followed by a moisturizer can help shed the peeling skin.
Acne Breakouts – Some acne prone people may experience minor blemishes or breakouts when first starting a retinol regimen. We recommend using a strong solution of salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide to help treat the blemishes. Over time, Green Cream will reduce the frequency of breakouts and shorten the life span of blemishes.
Care and Caution:
- If you have sensitive skin, test a small patch of skin and then wait 48 hours before using this product.
- Avoid over exposure to the sun; wear a broad spectrum sunscreen daily.
- Discontinue ues a week before waxing the skin for hair removal.
- Avoid contact with the eyes. If the product gets in the eyes, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Consult your physician if you are using a prescription strength acne medication or peeling treatment.
- Suspend use if skin becomes irritate. If irritation persists, consult your physician.
- For external use only; do not ingest.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Please use reasonable care and caution when using this product.
D.I. water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel,octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium edta, may contain FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue1.