|Voltaren Emulgel (Voltaren Gel) is a topical gel that contains the medicinal ingredient diclofenac diethylamine, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It is available in Canada without a prescription in an economy 150 g (5 oz) size. Now also available as Voltaren Emulgel Extra Strength and Voltaren Emulgel EZ Open formulations.|
As we grow older things such as our weight, bad posture and sports activities can result in the “wear and tear” of our joints and ligaments, resulting in pain and inflammation. Voltaren Emulgel goes to work fast to soothe and reduce inflammation which helps speed up the healing of pulled muscles and sprained ligaments.
The unique formulation of Voltaren Emulgel provides rapid relief for the following painful, inflammatory conditions:
- Back pain
- Muscle pains, sprains and strains
- Inflammation of joints, back, neck, hands, wrist and feet
The diclofenac in Voltaren Emulgel stops pain and speeds up recovery while its gel component allows for rapid absorption and effective penetration into injured muscles.
How To Use Voltaren Emulgel
Voltaren Emulgel should be rubbed gently into the skin. Depending on the size of the affected site to be treated, 2-4 g should be applied 3-4 times a day. Duration of treatment depends on the natural course of healing, rest and also on how you respond to treatment. The gel should not be used for more than 7 days for muscle and joint injuries, unless recommended by a doctor. Specific dosing guidelines are available as a package insert with the product.
Precautions with Voltaren Emulgel
Voltaren Emulgel should not be used under the following circumstances:
- Individuals who are hypersensitive to the drug or to any ingredient in the formulation or component of the container
- Individuals who are hypersensitive to diclofenac, acetylsalicylic acid or other NSAIDs
- Individuals with or without chronic asthma in whom attacks of asthma, urticaria, or acute rhinitis are precipitated by acetylsalicylic acid or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents
- Concomitant use of other products containing diclofenac
- Concomitant use of oral NSAIDs.