John Masters Organics is a line of personal care products formulated by John Masters, an experienced hair stylist. If you are concerned about the addition of unnecessary preservatives, chemicals and ingredients in your personal care products, then consider this line. All the hair care products are wonderful – gentle and effective. If you have sensitive skin, this hair care line may be particularly beneficial as products do not contain sodium lauryl sulphate or harsh cleansing agents.
The line came to be when John became fascinated with organics in his personal life. He began to realize the serious health risks posed by inhaling and handling harsh salon chemicals day to day and became committed to creating a toxin-free salon environment. Eventually, John started to see clients in his NY apartment, where he used only ammonia-free herbal and clay based dyes from Europe and experimented with non-toxic forms of hair care.
John Masters Organics has been creating luxury beauty products for over 20 years. In 1991, the lines first organic product, Dry Hair Nourishment and Defrizzer, was created. Research and testing of ingredients – plant extracts, and other health-food staples led shortly thereafter to the launch of John Masters Organics, the first comprehensive, luxury-organic hair care line.
The line treats the earth with respect. Organic ingredients that avoid the use of synthetic chemicals in favor of naturally occurring pesticides, fertilizer, and other growing aids are used. There is an emphasis on wild-harvested ingredients, cold-pressed and steam distilled extracts. Petroleum or non-carbon based products are strictly banned. Organic ingredients are certified organic by EcoCert, Quality Assurance International, California Certified Organic Farmers, or Organic Crop Improvement Association. All are recognized by the National Organic Program for the USDA.
All ingredients in John Masters meet strict guidelines :
- No sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens, DEAs, MEAs, or TEAs
- No GMOs (Genetically Modified Organism)
- No petro-chemicals
- No animal testing
- No artificial colors, fragrances or fillers
- Ingredients must be as organic as possible
- All plant extracts and essential oils must be certified organic whenever possible
- All essential oils used must be steam-distilled and not extracted with propylene glycol – which kills the effect of the oils
- All plant oils must be cold pressed, not heat distilled – which kills the therapeutic properties of plant oils
- All ingredients must be proven to be beneficial to the hair or skin
- All ingredients must be harvested in an environmentally-friendly manner (wild-crafted)
- All ingredients must be bio-degradable as possible
- Fair-Trade ingredients must be used when possible
Packaging of John Masters products uses the minimal amount of ink and is printed on 100% recycled and unbleached paper.
Top Sellers Include:
View all John Masters Organics products here.