First isolated from apple juice, malic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that is used in skin care products.
Instead of a product that sits on top of the skin, AHAs are active ingredients that penetrate the skin, removing dead skin cells, revealing a fresh, new layer of skin. They are useful in:
- Preventing clogged pores
- Enhancing cell renewal through exfoliation
- Hydrating the skin
- Increasing collagen production, and
- Improving skin’s texture, making it appear more radiant.
In addition to the above, Malic acid is an antioxidant helping to protect the skin from free radicals and premature aging. It is also a humectant, which provides the skin with essential, non-greasy hydration.
Though not as widely used as glycolic acid, malic acid provides many of the same benefits with less irritation. It is particularly beneficial to sensitive skin types, not able to tolerate glycolic acid, or to darker skin types who may be prone to hyperpigmentation with the use of glycolic acids.
- Evened Skin Tone, Including removing age spots & freckles
- Faded Acne Scars
- Significantly Reduced Acne Breakouts
- Tightened the Skin & Pores
- Shrunk or Eliminated Blackheads
- Reduced or Erased fine lines and wrinkles
- Significantly reduced the symptoms of Rosacea
- Faded Melasma