Colorescience offers a line of SPF sunscreens and primers formulated with proven ingredients to give you instant and long lasting results. Formulated with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide (minerals) Colorescience sunscreens and primers offer protection against both UVA and UVB rays.
Why am I so excited about Colorescience? Several reasons:
- Unlike many traditional sunscreens, it doesn’t contain many of the carriers, emollients or fragrances that may irritate, sting or burn sensitive skin. Colorescience is free of talc, perfumes, mineral oil, harsh preservatives, drying alcohols, emulsifiers and dyes.
- As a mineral product, Colorescience sunscreens are effective immediately upon application and don’t require a waiting time of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Colorescience sunscreens have demonstrated a high resistance to breaking down in conditions involving water, humidity and sweat. According to current FDA standards, they are considered very water resistant making them ideal for use during activities including swimming, biking and gardening.
- Powder sunscreens aren’t greasy, don’t stick on the skin, and are easy to reapply over or under makeup.
Choose from the following:
- Colorescience Sunforgettable SPF 30 – available in light, medium or dark shades to suit a range of skin types
- Colorescience Sunforgettable SPF 50 – available in a medium tone suited to most skin types
Skin primers aren’t a new invention, but have been around for more than a few years. Just like you prime a wall before you paint it, you can prime your face prior to applying foundation. Makeup artists love primers because they even out skin tone, helping makeup to stay on longer even in hot weather. Apply a primer after your moisturizer and before your makeup. The advantage of Colorescience primers is that many come with the added benefit of SPF protection. The result? Smooth, flawless looking skin. And that’s before you apply makeup!
Here’s the line-up:
- Colorescience Brightening Line Tamer SPF 20 – one of the best selling Colorescience primers, this baby is loaded with antioxidants, is perfect for medium skin tones and can even be used on the hands
- Colorescience Bronzing Wild To Mild SPF 20 – delivers an excellent even skin tone and ideal for those with hyperpigmentation issues
- Colorescience Calming About Face SPF 20 – if you have skin redness or rosacea you’ll want this product. Fragrance free, gluten free and antioxidant rich it will camouflage imperfections and deliver a matte complexion
- Colorescience Let Me Be Clear SPF 20 – excellent for acneic skin, it contains ingredients to treat and prevent blemishes allowing makeup to glide on effortlessly
- Colorescience Mattifier Chocolate Mousse SPF 20 – ideal for darker skin tones (I’m in love with this product), Chocolate Mousse also does double duty for oily or acneic skin
- Colorescience Sunforgettable Skin Primer SPF 30 – medium toned, this high SPF product will even out skin tone and minimize redness
Shop all Colorescience products here.