Most of our customers who call about sunscreens are looking for Mexoryl XL which effectively protects against UVA and UVB rays that can cause premature aging, burning and some forms of cancer, but we‘ve noticed a growing number who also want a product that includes Tinosorb S, a chemical sun filter that blocks both short and long UVA rays, UVB rays and has a good safety profile.
Also known as bemotrizinol or bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, Tinosorb S has been approved for many years in Canada, Australia and the European Union. So what’s Tinosorb S got going for it that justifies all the buzz?
- It’s photostable, meaning it is resistant to breaking down from light exposure. This ensures that it will continue to offer protection over time.
- It helps stabilize other sun filters such as avobenzone from degradation.
- It isn’t associated with skin irritation or hormone disruption like some older sun-filtering agents.
- Tinosorb is compatible with Mexoryl XL and SX and complements their effectiveness particularly at protecting against those long UVA rays that penetrate deeper into the skin.
It’s no secret that our favorite and most trusted sun protection comes from Anthelios, and they’ve included Tinosorb S in their newest and most popular products:
- Anthelios XL SPF 50+ Ultra Fluid – many of you may remember it by its previous name, Fluide Extreme. Available in both tinted and untinted versions.
- Anthelios XL SPF 50+ Comfort Cream – specifically formulated for the face, this provides protection with the added benefit of Baicalin, an all-new antioxidant addition
- Anthelios XL SPF 50+ BB Cream – all the benefits of the Comfort Cream but with a slight tint for a more finished look. It’s easily absorbed and has a featherweight feel, making this one our personal favorite
- Anthelios XL SPF 50+ Lait Veloute – a customer favorite for many years, the popular larger 300ml size is back, just in time for that Spring Break getaway.
- Anthelios XL SPF 45 Spray Lotion – Arguably the most family-friendly sun protection we carry. Its velvety finish and non-sticky feeling mean no complaints from the kids.
Can’t decide? Give us a call and we’d be more than happy to lend a helping hand.