Why it Worked So Well
|Anthelios L SPF 60 is a Mexoryl SX based sunscreen that was marketed in Canada by the French cosmetics company La Roche Posay from 1993 until 2006.|
Active ingredients in Anthelios L SPF 60
The Anthelios L SPF 60 formulation contained the following active ingredients:
- Mexoryl SX, a very effective short UVA ray blocker. UVA rays are the ones responsible for skin aging and solar intolerance
- Avobenzone (Parsol 1789) stabilized with octocrylene to provide long UVA ray protection. This combination is patented by La Roche Posay
- Titanium dioxide to provide broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection.
Ultimate sun protection
Together, the ingredients within Anthelios L SPF 60 provided an innovative, targeted moisturizing sunscreen that was able to:
- Adapt to moisture demand in each area of the face
- Provide intense, lasting moisturization with a formula that contains water from the Roche-Posay hydrotherapy spa (to soften), glycerin (to moisturize) and sodium hyaluronate (to fix moisture).
- Provide high protection from everyday UVA exposure provided by a sunscreen system containing Mexoryl SX
UVA protection from Anthelios L SPF 60 was intense and lasted all day long:
- Harmful effects of UVAs were reduced by 75%
- 8 hours after initial application, 85% of UVA protection persisted.
The Anthelios XL SPF 60 alternative
Anthelios XL SPF 60