Apothekari More Than Lip Service Vulvar & Vaginal Moisturizer (40 g/1.4 oz) provides fast, soothing, long lasting and hormone-free relief from the symptoms of dryness. Reduces burning, itching & painful intercourse, allowing you to embrace life again.
- Long-lasting moisture, leaving vulvar & vaginal tissue hydrated and discomfort-free
- Stays on applied area, but can be washed off easily with water if desired
- Hormone free, gluten free and free from other ingredients that you may wish to avoid in your personal care products.
Apothekari More Than Lip Service Vaginal Moisturizer contains two ingredients – hyaluronic acid and vitamin E – a combination shown in clinical studies to help provide significant relief from vulvar and vaginal dryness. Hyaluronic acid is an ingredient that helps to keep skin and tissues moist and that is made naturally by our bodies. However, its production declines as we age. This moisturizer is designed to replenish our levels of hyaluronic acid, which has been proven to significantly reduce the symptoms of vaginal dryness/atrophy (1). A clinical study concluded that hyaluronic acid could be used in place of hormonal treatments to manage the symptoms of vaginal dryness. (2) The formulation also contains a unique ingredient that allows it to coat dry skin cells, providing long-lasting moisture – up to 24 hours longer than other products! The lightweight coating creates a bond with vaginal and vulvar skin and can be washed off with water, so it stays on unless you don’t want it to.
Just like treating dry skin on your face and body, a moisturizer can help to manage dryness on vulvar and vaginal tissue as well. Vaginal dryness may be a problem for women at any age, although it’s more common in older women, especially after menopause when levels of the estrogen hormone drop. Whatever the cause, vaginal dryness can be extremely uncomfortable, leading to itching, burning, and painful intercourse. Many women think they must just put up with it, but fortunately, it’s treatable! Read more here:
Use externally to relieve the symptoms of vulvar and vaginal dryness.
Vulval Dryness: Apply to vulva with fingers as needed before bedtime.
Vaginal Dryness: Apply into vagina using fingers or applicator before bedtime.
For best results apply daily for 5-7 consecutive days, preferably at bedtime. For extreme dryness, you may wish to start using twice daily. For maintenance, use 2 -3 times weekly, or as needed. If using via applicator, use a full or half-full applicator, as needed.
Apothekari More Than Lip Service Ingredients:
Water, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Triethylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Allantoin, Vitamin E Acetate (Tocopheryl Acetate), Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Sorbic Acid, Isomalt, Pullulan, Glycerin, Poloxamer 407, Tamarindus Indica Seed Polysaccharide, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Simethicone, Carbomer, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium EDTA
Keep out of reach of children.
- This product is intended for vulval and vaginal application only and should not be ingested.
- The gel and applicator are intended for individual use and must not be shared. Do not use applicator if damaged or broken. Wash hands thoroughly after application.
- Not for use during pregnancy. Not compatible with condoms.
- The use of this gel with vaginal contraceptives and other vaginal medications or devices hasn’t been evaluated and cannot be recommended.
- Irritation (itching/burning) or discomfort may occur when starting treatment. This usually stops, but if symptoms persist or are not mild, please discontinue use & consult a healthcare professional.
(1) Chen J, Geng L, Song X, Li H, Giordan N, Liao Q. Evaluation of the Efficacy and Safety of Hyaluronic Acid Vaginal Gel to Ease Vaginal Dryness: A Multicenter, Randomized, Controlled, Open‐Label, Parallel‐Group, Clinical Trial. The Journal of Sexual Medicine. 2013;10(6):1575-1584.
(2) Stute, Petra. Is vaginal hyaluronic acid as effective as vaginal estriol for vaginal dryness relief?Multicenter Study Arch Gynecol Obstet . 2013 Dec;288(6):1199-201.
Apothekari Skincare products are registered with Health Canada as required.
To see the full line of Apothekari products click here.