Anthelios UVMune 400 Invisible Fluid SPF 50+, the sunscreen that many of you have been waiting for is finally here! Made with a new exclusive sun filter, Mexoryl 400, we’re excited to share it with you!
When Anthelios introduced UVMune 400 Hydrating Cream last month, we knew the Invisible Fluid wouldn’t be far behind. And based on the overwhelming response of our customers–who know a good sunscreen when they see one–we expect nothing less than raving fans for the newest member in the Anthelios lineup.
Why La Roche Posay’s Anthelios UVMune 400 Works So Well
La Roche Posay, the brand that makes Anthelios, knows that there are some things that are non-negotiable to customers with it comes to sunscreen formulations:
- Very High Protection SPF 50+
- Fluid and ultra-light texture
- Ultra water, sweat and sand resistant
- Anti-eye stinging
- No white marks
- For sensitive skin
Anthelios UVMune 400 Invisible Fluid SPF 50+ delivers on all counts. It provides broad-spectrum, high-protection against ultra-long UVA rays. Enriched with La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water, it has an ultra-light fluid texture, bare skin effect and is fragrance-free and non-greasy with an invisible finish. Formulated for sensitive skin with skin prone to sun intolerance, commonly called sun allergies, it’s made for extreme sunshine exposure.
What is Mexoryl 400?
Its effectiveness is due to La Roche Posay’s latest scientific innovation: Methoxypropylamino Cyclohexenylidene Ethoxyethylcyanoacetate. But you can call it MCE or Mexoryl 400!
Mexoryl 400 delivers ultimate protection against the hard-to-protect UV rays in the 380-400nm range. These long UV rays can’t be seen, yet make up 30% of the UV rays that reach our skin. They are highly damaging, affecting skin at a cellular level, leading to premature aging and increasing the risk for skin cancer.L’Oreal (the parent company of La Roche Posay) developed Mexoryl 400 by targeting research efforts on these rays–often referred to as UVA1. When combined with the coverage provided by other filters, Anthelios UVMune 400 Invisible Fluid provides what may be the most complete sun protection available today.
Sun Filters in new Anthelios Sunscreen Formulation
The efficacy of Anthelios UVMune 400 Invisible Fluid SPF 50+ is due to a team of sun filters that work with Mexoryl 400. The result is incomparable protection against the UVA and UVB wavelength (280-400nm):
- Mexory SX and XL: Anthelios’s patented Mexoryl sun filters are the cornerstone of their sunscreens. Mexoryl SX shines when it comes to protecting against UV radiation in the 290-400nm range, essentially covering the entire UVA range plus much of the UVB. Its partner, Mexoryl XL, does the heavy lifting when it comes to the 280-340nm range, essentially covering the entire UVB range (280 – 315 nm) as well as the lower end of the UVA range.
- Tinosorb S: Adding yet another layer of protection, Tinosorb S is a newer generation sun filter that has a lot going for it! Protecting against both UVA and UVB rays, Tinosorb S is photostable, isn’t associated with skin irritation, works well with Mexoryl and gives a helping hand to sun filter Avobenzone from degradation.
- Uvinul: Not just a clever word, Uvinul is the trade name for a number of sun filters, including Uvinul T and Uvinul A Plus. Uvinul T, or Ethylhexyl Triazone, handles the UVB side of business while Uvinul A Plus (or Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate) absorbs UVA radiation. Like Tinosorb S, Uvinul A Plus has excellent photostability and works well with other sun filters, plus it has the added bonus of providing outstanding protection against free radicals which can lead to skin damage.
Ultimately, don’t we just want a sunscreen that works well, with a good safety record that also feels good to wear, every single day? We think Anthelios UVMune 400 Invisible Fluid pretty much fits the bill. Are you ready to give it a try?