Gynatrof Gel Vaginal Moisturizer is a non-hormonal option for the treatment of vaginal atrophy.
Up to 75% of postmenopausal women experience the symptoms of vaginal atrophy yet only 1 in 4 women with symptoms seek medical help. Vaginal atrophy is a chronic condition accompanied by a range of uncomfortable symptoms – dryness, burning, itching, discomfort during sex. Some degree of vaginal atrophy will affect almost every women as she ages, yet many women don’t seek treatment for it. Left untreated, vaginal atrophy can affect a woman’s relationship with her partner, and can be very detrimental to her quality of life, her self image and her sexuality.
Vaginal atrophy is often treated with hormone therapy, which can be effective but does carry some risks, including breast cancer, heart attacks, strokes, and blood clots. Gynatrof Gel Vaginal Moisturizer is the only non-hormonal option licensed by Health Canada, indicated for the treatment (symptoms) of vaginal atrophy. This option is helpful for women who do not wish to use hormone therapy, or cannot use it because of other health issues.
What is Gynatrof Gel Vaginal Moisturizer?
Unlike a vaginal lubricant, Gynatrof Gel is a natural vaginal moisturizing lubricant. While vaginal lubricants are normally used during intercourse to help a woman that is not able to produce enough of her own vaginal moisture to comfortably (and painlessly) engage in intercourse, they are short acting and must be used every time. Gynatrof Gel, on the other hand, has the same effect as a lubricant when applied before sexual intercourse, but studies also show that with regular use it improves vaginal hydration and decreases feelings of vaginal dryness, itching, and burning, all day long. In other words, Gynatrof Gel has been formulated to both relieve and treat the vaginal atrophy and its underlying symptoms.
Gynatrof Gel Vaginal Moisturizer’s non- hormonal formulation can relieve and treat symptoms including:
- Painful sexual activity
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
The innovative formula consists of 4 key ingredients:
- Hyaluronic Acid: To protect the vaginal skin by enhancing natural lubrication and promoting healing and regeneration of damaged tissues
- Liposomes: Microscopic beads that act as a moisturizer and lubricant to supply long-lasting hydration and increased elasticity
- Hops Plant Extract: To provide lubrication, improve elasticity, tone and firmness of vaginal skin as well as to relieve pain and itching
- Vitamin E: To reduce inflammation
Available in Europe since 2006, no safety issues have ever been reported. Gynatrof Gel may be used by menopausal women; women who should not take or will not take hormone replacement therapy (HRT); women taking birth control pills; after childbirth & during breast-feeding; women with vaginal dryness due to medical reasons (eg. diabetes, cancer). Gynatrol:
- Hydrates and regenerates vaginal mucosa by stimulating the natural moistness of the vagina.
- Has a fast onset of action. Significant reduction in symptoms in first week of treatment.
- Significantly reduces symptoms after just one week. Eliminates symptoms after only 8 weeks.
- Is hormone free, fragrance free and can be used with condoms
If you are experiencing the uncomfortable symptoms of vaginal atrophy, Gynatrof Gel may be right for you.
One application of 2.5ml every day for one week, then one application of 2.5ml twice a week. Applicator and more detailed instructions available with product.