Apothekari Glow Getter Serum 15% (Previously called Apothekari Bespoke Vitamin C 15% Serum)
Brighten, strengthen & hydrate with a made to order Vitamin C antioxidant serum for radiant, luminous & healthy skin.
Now with Green Tea Extract!
Get your glow on with Apothekari Bespoke Vitamin C 15% Serum (30 ml/1 fl oz)! Brighten, strengthen & hydrate with a made to order Vitamin C antioxidant serum for radiant, luminous & healthy skin.
Apothekari Bespoke Vitamin C 15% Serum now contains Green Tea Extract, with a high concentration of EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate). This potent antioxidant helps repair damage caused by UVA radiation and helps prevent damaging mutations. EGCG has also been shown to help control blemishes by minimizing sebum (oil) secretion thereby helping to keep pores open.
Our Apothekari Bespoke Vitamin C 15% Serum is a made to order Vitamin C serum featuring L-ascorbic acid plus an arsenal of antioxidants, moisturizing and other skin beneficial ingredients. L-ascorbic acid is a highly effective form of Vitamin C that is backed by the most clinical studies of any form of Vitamin C to support its use in skin care.
The 15% concentration offers significant benefits and is suitable for all skin types, however, you may wish to consider our Apothekari Bespoke Vitamin C 10% Serum, if you have sensitive skin. It contains the same active ingredients but with a smaller concentration of L-ascorbic acid and may be better suited to your skin care needs.
Why Apothekari Bespoke?
Because each Apothekari Bespoke treatment is manufactured by our compounding pharmacy when you place your order, you can be assured that the treatment you receive is stable, active and safe to use. This is especially important with L-ascorbic acid because while it is the form of Vitamin C backed by the most clinical research, it can be unstable if formulated incorrectly.
Each bottle has a best before use of 6 months, which will be indicated on your bottle. We recommend that you order a new bottle when you have finished your supply. Used as recommended, one 30 ml/1 fl oz bottle should last between 3 to 6 months. It is not necessary, but you can refrigerate your serum if you wish.
Clinical studies have shown that L-ascorbic acid (plus the other actives in Apothekari Bespoke Vitamin C 15% Serum) can do the following for your skin:
- Exfoliate (due to its acidity)
- Restore elasticity to aging skin
- Promote collagen synthesis
- Protect against UV damage caused by free radicals
- Reduce skin redness
- Promote wound healing
- Lighten and brighten skin tone (by suppressing melanin synthesis)
- Controls oil production helping to prevent blocked pores and minimize blemishes
Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant and in our Bespoke treatment, it is supported by a range of highly effective antioxidants, which not only help to stabilize Vitamin C, but also deliver benefits of their own.
Here’s the science behind the ingredients in Apothekari Bespoke Vitamin C 15% Serum:
- Glycerin: Moisturizes
- Hyaluronic acid: Moisturizes. Also helps with skin repair
- Ferulic Acid: Antioxidant. Protects against UVB damage. May help protect against cancer. Helps stabilize ascorbic acid
- Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Epigallocatechin Gallate: Antioxidant. Protects against UVA damage. EGCG also aids blemish control, by controlling sebum secretion and helping to keep pores open
- Pomegranate Seed Oil: Cold pressed from the seeds of pomegranate, with high concentration of fatty acids. Moisturizes. Antioxidant. May help to protect against cancer
- Tocotrienols and Vitamin E Oil: Vitamin E complex. Antioxidant which protects against free radicals and helps stabilize Vitamin C
- Astaxanthin: Antioxidant. Free radical protection, anti-inflammatory
- Lycopene: Antioxidant. Free radical protection. May be cancer protective
- Lutein: Antioxidant. May provide protection against UV-induced redness, inflammation, and wrinkling of the skin. Helps maintain skin hydration, smoothness, and elasticity
- Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA): Antioxidant. Helps with proper cell functioning.
*Please note that due to the high concentration of actives in this serum, that you may notice small flecks or settling of ingredients. This is normal and does not affect the safety or efficacy of this product. We have chosen to formulate without the addition of chemicals that may help it to stay in solution, but which may increase skin sensitivity or cause allergic reactions. Gently shake the serum prior to each use to distribute the active ingredients.*
Apothekari Skincare: Pharmacist formulated | Backed by science | Paraben free.
A portion of the proceeds from all Apothekari products are donated to charity.
Shake gently prior to use. Apply a thin layer of Apothekari Bespoke Vitamin C 15% Serum each morning to face, neck, and décolleté, keeping away from the eyes. Wait 30 – 45 minutes before applying other treatments.
This is a low pH product so usage will depend on individual tolerance. Cut back on usage if you feel any discomfort. You will still receive skin benefits if you choose to use this product 2-3 times per week.
Note: Use Sunscreen as skin sensitivity may be increased.
Water, Propanediol, Ascorbic Acid, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ferulic Acid, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Epigallocatechin Gallate, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, D-Alpha-Tocopherol, Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Lutein, R – Alpha Lipoic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Tocopherols, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid.
Apothekari Skincare products are registered with Health Canada.